PODCAST: 7 Tips to Stay Sane Working from Home with Kids
In this podcast episode, I dive into 7 tips to stay sane working from home with kids and share with you how you can do it too (without having to be perfect every day!!) If you’re struggling with the mum and work life balance: this episode is for you!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure for more details.
What are the Biggest Challenges Working from Home with Kids?
To be brutally honest, it’s you. I know, scary to say it and admit it, but the honest truth is we get in our own way so often that it becomes difficult to stop doing it. The mindset is the most powerful tool to help you stay sane working from home with kids. When you have a strong mindset you will be able to be productive and enjoy the mix of work and motherhood.
Check out The Best Work at Home Tips for Mums to help you work from home!
Why Does Working from Home with Kids Seem Difficult?
I will dig into this question and more in the podcast! I know how challenging it can feel when working from home with a kid running around. I have a 4 year old daughter, I’m a single parent and I run my businesses from home. It has taken time to get a good flow that works, and there is still room to tweak, however, I am enjoying the schedule I have created to make it work.
I want you to know you can do this!! You can make it work to keep sane, be happy and have true inner peace working from home as a stay at home mom.
A simple way to work from home with kids is creating a blog. Check out the best blog course here!
7 Best Tips to Work from Home with Kids
Throughout the podcast, I will share the 7 tips to stay sane working from home with kids. The 7 tips are outlined below and you will here further detail in the podcast.
- Essential as a stay at home mum working from home
- Reduce stress
- Be focused with your work
I love this smart planner! It’s simple, no-fuss, pretty and filled with motivating quotes. This is a fantastic planner to help you keep organised amongst the chaos of mum life and work life. Keep your thoughts in one place with this planner.
- Create space in your schedule for fun and flexibility
- Remember you have children and they have needs (all the time!!!)
- Have focus with a simple schedule AND take the pressure off yourself to do it perfectly
Schedule in Family time
- Remember your why for working – is it for the family?
- Ensure you add family time together even on working days
- This will keep everyone happy
Get Rid of Distractions
- When you work – work!
- If you don’t need social media or emails for that specific task switch them off and put it away
- Check out 10 Quick Time Management Tips for Moms Who Work From Home
Use a Timer to Breakdown Chunks of Work
- This is such a simple smart tool to help keep focus and get the work done
- A super way to get chunks of work done around kids
- Using a simple schedule you can get rid of the “fluff” and focus on the priorities
If you’re looking for a simple daily planner to have at your office desk, then this daily planner is perfect! It will help to focus on the essential tasks for work.
- No matter what mums, get rid of the guilt!
- This guilt you are carrying around on your shoulders is not helping you
- You are doing your best with what you know
Do you need inspiration on what to do to make money from home? Click here for 19 Creative Ways to Make Extra Money from Home
The Last Thing You Need to Know about Working from Home with Kids
You’ve got this! No matter your situation, I want you to know you can do it and it’s all going to be ok. If things get super tough, slow down, hug your kids and love deeply.
I want you to succeed, and you can certainly do this as a stay at home mom working from home with kids.
If you need help with budgeting your money here is a free budget planner to help you!
Do you want to hear more from my podcast? Head to Mummy Money on Apple Podcasts below.
Comment your favourite part of the episode below. I would love to hear from you! Thank you for listening and all your support.